Abeyance

Thursday, January 10, 2008




Long day, strange faces
lost in the crowd, yet you were with me
People smiling
I sigh – hoping, no one is there to see

Thundering, dancing
clouds ask for courage
I bow, telling them its not to be
I wish- hoping, no one is there to see

The rain lashed on, soaking
The sky is crying, angry
They know, I was wrong
I wince - hoping, no one is there to see

Walking home, I hear a footstep
You are around, I feel inside
Miles way, still you touch me
I smile a tear away - hoping, no one is there to see

I the dark, I find peace
I can’t, but you hold on to me
To say it all, I kept silent
I will try again - hoping, you are here to see

© 2008 by Chhaya. All rights reserved
PS: the image is googled

6 comments:

Akemi Ito January 16, 2008 at 4:57 PM  

Lovely poetry, very gentle and tender.

Charles Sapp February 27, 2008 at 3:47 AM  

As I have commented before, I've read through most of your posts and they are quite serene and eloquently delivered.

Opaque June 29, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

Please allow me to declare that this piece is one of my favourites from your writings.

It is very clearly intense. I reckon, with some beautiful and apt orchestration, you could turn this to a great song.

Well done, you! Keep writing!!!

Chhaya June 29, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

@Brosreview -
This was actually my first poem ever :)

itsyvitsy October 10, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Undoubtedly this is a very personal poem. I can see the pain of someone being missed very terribly. Someone lost to some misunderstandings or for no great reason in particular. Now you want to give it all a new beginning, start all over, undo all the past, and mostly, get it right this time.

Please pardon me Chhaya if I have got this wrong, but as you would know I try to put myself in the story and make an attempt to understand the emotions. This is what I felt.

You declare this as your first poem, but this does not look like the work of a novice. The emotions run very deep, the words are a perfect embodiment of these feelings. I see you were born with this talent :) - a natural.

Chhaya October 10, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

@Vittal - i feel so embarrased when i read this now.. so juvenile :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP