Ecstasy

Tuesday, November 17, 2009






Yes, I know, I have been really irregular. But no, this time I wasn’t travelling or recharging my batteries by going off the grid. As some of you know, workload has been really brutal. There are days when I have to manage with 2-3 hours of sleep (with dreams full of dancing numbers and data :D).

Last couple of day were different.

12th Nov, I was trying to stay afloat, juggling a million things and was cribbing to E about a faulty link @ cricinfo (I am a big time cricket fanatic, in case you didn’t know).

He asked me a question - heard of kluelesS?

I hadn’t. ( I was prepared for a round of – How lame! You don’t even know KluelesS! Hawww! Shame Shame! from his side. The usual. But I guess he was too busy himself to throw some class insults :P)

Klueless 5 a kind of puzzle, with several insane levels to crack (in case you don’t know), hosted by the IIM guys. It’s an annual event.

E sent me the link and as soon as I saw the Klueless 5, I knew I was in trouble. The guy indeed knows some of my weaknesses and I am sure he was trying to get me fired. ( he almost got his wish!!!)

Level 1 to Level 38.

There were some pictures and some clues (some of them pointing in the wrong direction). You don’t even know what you are looking for!!!! There are text boxes that can’t be typed in and there are buttons that can’t be clicked.

It took me 3 days to solve it. Yes, I could have done it in 2, but then gotta work and take care of other things.

One fact that amused me was that I was getting slightly sad when I reached the level 38.
The ecstasy of solving those crazy puzzles was coming to an end. As usual, my over analytic mind went into searching for parallels. And I thought, is this why the Joker didn’t wanna kill Batman? Is this why Sherlock Holmes would look for heroine when he had no exciting case to solve?

And then i realized. They don’t exist. I do. What does that make me? Insane, as some would love to point out..

Every time I crib about work –pressure, I am keenly aware of the fact that at least 40% of it is because I am addicted to things that make me think.

How can I forget the way I slept like a baby after cracking 6 levels of Klueless 5 in one hour. My mind was satisfied. It was a high like no other.

And now I am thinking.... what now?

I envy those people who can actually enjoy a day off. I am so jealous of those who can wake up at 11 am on a Sunday. My eyes are open at 6 and my mind never sleeps...

Has anyone ever died of thinking too much? :)

Just a thought


Love

Chhaya
btw, my blog has been featured. Click here to read/leave a word there.


PS: I know, this post is very different from what I write. Hope you are not too disappointed.

PS: I am not posting the answers/hints to Klueless 5 levels here as it attracts misdirected hits. I don’t want crowd.
In case you wanna solve it. Here is the link – (HOF was filled even before I started, so don’t dream about it)


And no, don’t expect help from me. It’s something you must do on your own.

33 comments:

Chhaya November 17, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

@E - lol.. THE smiley

Legen... wait for it... dary! :P

vinoth November 17, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

Ya, i even jealous of people who sleep until 6 a. m itslef....i am getting up at nearly 4 'o clock to do my daily activities ..we will should go to our early life where we are babies whn no would ask anything for sleeping..

P.s:I commented on your inteview.Nice and short.

Chhaya November 17, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

@Vinoth - u didnt get me right. I dont _have_ to get up at 6. its something that just happens. I can never sleep more than 4-5 hours. Its not because of work or anything.

Thank u for dropping by and commenting at my featured blog :)

vicious November 17, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

i always feel that every post of yours is well thought and well prepared ....somehow loosing its true colors on the way .. this is more from the heart ... a lil off guard i muss say ..

btw shud hav put a pic of urs in the interview :P ..
i had put mine :)

RAJ47,  November 18, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

why are you looking for parallels in fictitious characters?
why do you prefer to remain in the shadows of dreams?
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
-Mark Twain.

RAJ47,  November 18, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

I have been told that you get bald by thinking too much!!!

Maya November 18, 2009 at 8:32 AM  

i have the same prob, i too wakeup at around 6.30 to 7, thou i dont have any work to do...
i also suffer from too much thinking prob..

Chhaya November 18, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

@Vicious – well prepared? losing True colors?
well, I never prepare my posts unless it a poem and needs polishing. about true colors, I have no idea what you are talking about. it wud have helped if you mentioned what you think was/is the true color of my posts and what it loses. btw, I didn’t even get the off the guard part. about putting my picture in the interview, I wud never do that. I value my privacy and anonymity on the internet.
thanks for dropping by :)

@Raj – I was looking for parallels but it wasn’t deliberately in the fictional world. it just happened. about going bald, I hope not :D hehehe and yeah, I will check the link.


@ Uncommon Sense – 7 am is like noon for me. and my thinking is bit different than yours. I am a snapshot thinker while yours are always SFX videos.

Chhaya November 18, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

@Raj - and yeah, the shadow isnt hiding in dreams. its just that the dreams are full of shadows.
:)

RAJ47,  November 18, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Chhaya, plz take a deep breath, relax. Check the link - its the R1 reactor behind.
Take a holiday. You need to brighten your dreams, coz if shadows overpower your dreams, they become nightmares.

Chhaya November 18, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

@Raj - i will check the link in the night. cant do it right now. and i guess u are joining the ranks of folks who think i need to relax. i _am_ relaxed :) and no nightmares. i m giving u a wrong impression. i m not a morose , moping or sad person who has nightmares and is in desperate need of happiness. hehehe..

i am always smiling and i am a happy person. always.

so dun worry.
:D

_relax_ :P

Amit Kumar Das November 18, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

I am never disappointed as long as there is something new or soul in the writing ... ur posts always have either of the two or both .... so chill...keep walking!!!

BTW...thanks for stopping by... and the analysis and gossip in ur comments sections are interesting ...interesting people around :)

Oxymoron November 18, 2009 at 6:04 PM  

How about an holiday with an encyclopedia of puzzles....... :)

bliss November 18, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

well, the kinda thing u felt for that puzzle, i do for a book. wen i get hold of a book, i just cant seem to put it down until i am thru with it and once i am done, i am like, what now!!! so we are on same boat in that case, with different oars ofcourse. and no, i hadnt thought of myself as insane until before u put it that way. well, i dont do now, either! cheers!!!

P.S. i lurrrrrrv days off. although i spend them reading books!!! :P yeah, with no book, a day off wud be a day wasted!!!

Pete November 18, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

I must admit I am one of those chosen few blessed with the panache to arise at 11am on a Sunday. But it takes dedication, extreme discretion, steely nerve and ample liquid refreshment (stirred not shaken) with friends following the same poetic road.

Your servant me Loidy ;)

Pete

Chhaya November 18, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

@Anorak - thank u!
and yeah, some really interesting people around.. including u :)

@Oxymoron - u are talking about the Paradise :D

Chhaya November 18, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

@Bliss - Ditto! i cant live without books. my average is 6 books a month! they are another type puzzle na, u get to study and understand so many characters!!

@Pete - haha... i envy u :P

Shanu November 18, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

Cool will try it out! :)

swapnanjali November 19, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

Congrats for clearing all the levels :),
if there is a will there is a way ...

me too jealous of my better-half who used to sleep up to 8'clock in the morning, i need to get up as i need to be busy in this and that ....before office and sometime if work pressure is more then due to restlessness i can't sleep ...

Zero November 19, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

Thanks a ton for this wonderful thought. It made me think (after a long time:))

It seems you enjoy journey rather than reaching the destination.

Best regards

Zero

IdleMind November 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

The moment I saw the image below the post header, I knew it!

Knowing that u get freaked at mind-benders, this is no surprise to me ... :) you can even attempt the more cryptic and the more daring adventures with puzzles and maths probs. Get going ...

Sorry for being late ... but nice to find someone who can call 7 am as noon. I have some company! ;)

Chhaya November 22, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

@Shanu - do try it. its very enjoyable!

Chhaya November 22, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

@Swapna - as i said earlier, my lack of sleep is not bcz of work pressure... moreover, i happen to be an insomniac ;)

Chhaya November 22, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

@Zero - thanks for dropping by :)

Chhaya November 22, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

@idle - i alwyas do that. in fact i sometimes make some of my own. may be i will share them with you all one day.

btw, remember my blogger name picture puzzle? ;)

IdleMind November 22, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

@ Chhaya - yeah I most certainly do ... and I was the one who didn't answer for many had answered before (loved the one for InkTank and i2i!), hehehe

Ajai November 23, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

u sure we are not related? but i love sleepin. can sleep for 10 hrs straight any time of the day.
thinking too much is a prob only if u think u r thinkin too much. ;)

take care. njoy ur break. come back soon. :)

itsyvitsy November 25, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

I am thoda sa late to comment, but I was wondering what to comment as I was Klueless, err.. I mean clueless as to what to write here.

The day I saw this post I started cracking Klueless 5 and I am very proud to announce that I have passed two levels. My mind stopped working after that - perhaps too many things on my mind. Will get onto it again in a bit.

Chhaya November 26, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

@AJai - we just might be! u never know! 6 degrees of separation ;)

@Vittal - i know how busy you are, so dont feel bad :)

Whats In A Name November 27, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

Ah!!!
Am Clueless about Klueless!!!
I am unable to understand this thing on the first place itself!!!!
:-(
Makes me feel like real dumb after coming here!! :-P

PS: Long long time!!!

डॉ.रूपेश श्रीवास्तव(Dr.Rupesh Shrivastava) November 29, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

छाया बहन आशा है कि एक सप्ताह शीघ्र ही समाप्त हो जाएगा और आप अपने कार्य-पिशाच के कान मरोड़ कर उसे नियंत्रण में ले लेंगी।
सादर
डा.रूपेश श्रीवास्तव

IdleMind December 4, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Oyi techie, how many more databases left? seems there are bigger redundancies and greater normalization routines!!

Come back ... fast. :)

Opaque December 11, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

Congratulations on the feature!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP