All I Wanted for Christmas

Monday, January 14, 2008




Dark scary December night
Cold. Dry. Miles long
Eyes full of pain, lips wearing a smile
"For you my baby ", you said, "I will fight "

Keeping your promise
you fought on
Long days, full of pain
Longer nights, when I sat by your side

Your hands, growing cold, kept me warm
"I am scared ",
clutching you,
I whispered in the dark

Smiling the pain away,
You asked in the voice so faint
"It’s a week to Christmas,
What do you want for that day? "

I had so much to say,
you had so much to hear
I never got to tell you,
I wanted to look like you one day

The angels were arriving, the sky turning a faint blue
So many wishes I had
But all I wanted for Christmas,
was you.


© 2008 by Chhaya. All rights reserved
PS: the image is googled

13 comments:

Anonymous,  January 14, 2008 at 10:57 AM  

Thanks.
Ok. I will do that.

Rachana January 14, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

I like your poems. Thanks to american genius I chanced upon your blog. Nice.

Rachana January 15, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

Thanks. I have linked you.

I have read all your blogs and I am quiet enjoying your writing. I will keep coming back for more :)

Sandy January 15, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

i will mention it in all of ur blogs.

thanks for visiting my blog. I really loved the line "an Oracle DBA, recently bitten by the writing bug"

Got fed up with sps,joins,triggers and all sorts of keys

kedar February 11, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

Hey, your poems are nice!

Opaque June 29, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

This is lovely! Keep writing!!!

Chhaya June 29, 2009 at 4:19 PM  

@Brosreview -
thanx Ajey.. i really feel so nice to know that u r reading all my poems :)

itsyvitsy October 10, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

Dear oh dear! I felt a trickle of tear running down my cheek as I reached the end of this poem. My heart feels very heavy. I remembered the Mystical Angel (which of course you are very well aware of) - I can hear my heart cry the same way it did when I wrote that poem, in fact it pains more so today than that fateful day.

There will be no praises for this poem as it would look like I am saying "I love the tragedy!" However, I must say that the pain has been so intense that these words were forged with the power to transmit the same vibes to its readers.

Chhaya October 10, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

@Vittal - this poem is as personal as it gets

Maya October 23, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

why is it a scanned copy,,, its one of ur published work, is it?

liked it, but ur recent poems are far better...

Whats In A Name October 23, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

Goood One Chhaya!!!
:-)

Hope you had a fantastic Deepawali!!
:-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP