Of Hope and Despair

Wednesday, November 12, 2008



It starts with a touch
Warm, lazy winter noon
You are near, somewhere
in my heart, in my soul
My eyes feel heavy,
the dream so tempting
Feeling your breath on my eyes
Tears unshed, ecstasy of suffering

Holding back,
wishes untamed
Waiting for the years
A moment a day
My fingers, feel your smile
and my heart feels your pain
You wish I would ask even though,
I know you can’t stay

Counting, clinging on to the moments,
before I let you go
Close enough for whispers
Too far to touch
And I wish, sometimes
In the moments of weakness
I wish I couldn’t hear your heartbeat
Wish I didn’t know what goes on inside


I hear you leave, before you let -
me out of your arms
The wind falls silent
tip-toeing in the distance
Shy twilight – scared to touch
Empty canvas
Darkness covers me for the ritual
Another night of frost

.................................
©Chhaya

12 comments:

John November 12, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

You capture the moment of separation quite well. Good post.

Gopinath Mavinkurve November 12, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

Wow! Nice poem...do keep posting your beauties here. Only hope no despair.

Whats In A Name November 13, 2008 at 12:47 AM  

Very nicely written poem Chhaya.. Especially the lines
"wish I couldn’t hear your heartbeat

Wish I didn’t know what goes on inside"

They are just wow...

Wondering Wanderer November 13, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

Agree with "What's in a name"..

These lines remind me of a line from an Asha Bhosle and Adnan Sami song..
"Jo nahi kaha hai.. Kabhi to samajh bhi jao.."

Anonymous,  November 13, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

yes - a good poem... i like this:
"Close enough for whispers
Too far to touch"

keep it up--

Maya November 16, 2008 at 6:17 AM  

@quackster
i think its not the moment of separation but the fear of separation that is emphasized in this work

ankit bhatia December 13, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

It reminded me of my baby my squirrel who passed away :(

nice to say the least

Its my life January 12, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

Excellent usage of words and this is a masterpiece poem... Love it...

Vamsi.. :)

Opaque June 29, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

Felt the separation, need I write more?

The second line set the tone to me - "Winter noon". That is quite original for this theme, isn't it?

"I hear you leave, before you let -
me out of your arms" - This is so real!

Enough written, this is excellent! Keep writing!!!

Chhaya June 29, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

@Brosreview - Thanx Ajey. those two lines have the soul of the poem.

chér March 8, 2010 at 11:07 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP