Fact, Fiction and a little bit of dreams

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Delhi, a random day in the month of August, a few years back

Can you go back to the day when the life was going through the biggest change… yet it all used to make sense?

Can dreams be broken? Do they ever shatter, in pieces as fragile as the virgin snow? Do they melt away when you try to hold them on your fingers?

Do you ever know how the day is going to end when you leave home in the morning? Do you ever really know someone?
One word, one breath – one drop of rain can change everything.
Everything.

It’s still too hot. I have never been a fan of Delhi’s extreme winter, but the summer is something I really hate.

If only it would rain. Right now.

But its here to stay. Few more months and then I will have the lesser of the two evils. Or will I? What is keeping me in this city? Did I find what I came searching for? Or did I lose whatever I already had?


If only god would give me one sign. If only he would tell me what to do. Oh! I am so tired, but the day has just begun.

If only it would rain today....

I stand and wait for the bus. The bus stop is almost deserted. Hummmm, its only 7:30 in the morning. Not everyone is too fond of starting the day so early. Oh yes, that guy is. We take the bus together every morning, but we never talk.
I don’t know him. Not at all.

But do we ever know someone? You may spend your whole life with a person, thinking that he was just an extension of your own soul, but after years, you find a side to him that makes him a complete stranger.

How long does it take to know a person?
One day?


One month?

One year?

Forever?

Do you believe in the word “soulmate”? For god’s sake.. its not even a word.. My spell check so nicely marks it with a red worm...

What do you do when you find a lie, woven into the fabric of trust?

Do you try to pull it out? Do you try to rip it off? But then, can you make yourself do it?

Destroy something that means so much to you? Or do you ignore the obscene spot, and wear it, as if you haven’t even noticed it?

What hurts more – a lie, told to keep you in dark, or the truth that was hidden by the person who means the world to you, to keep you close, save you from pain?

Aahh, forget it.

About the guy? Oh well, he will get off at the same stop as mine and then he will smile. A smile that I never bother to return. It’s too much of an effort – smiling.

Why is he looking so disturbed today? May be it’s the heat.

It’s got to be the heat…

If only it would rain. Thundering crazy rain. That is ONE sign that God can give, without disclosing his address.

The bus is here....



....... to be concluded...

Next Part

PS: I had posted it on my previous blog more than a year back. Wanted to share with people who never read that.. as the title suggests, its loaded with fiction and dreams.. About the story I started, will post the next part very soon.








18 comments:

IdleMind June 23, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

In this tremendous hot day in the month of June, even guys like me don't like to smile ... it's too much of an effort. I don't know God's signature, but know that Her test of mankind during these months is unforgettable.

Sneha Says June 23, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Chhaya waiting to read the next part... I hope nothiing drastic happens to the guy.

imagine my plite guys...in this part of the world we have just 3 kind of days..hot, hotter, hottest...and this month is the hottest :( The temprature outside is 43 Degrees.

Chhaya June 23, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

@idlemind & Sneha..

Just the weather? lol... i guess i posted it at the wrong time. perhaps if i had posted it in winter, someone wud have noticed the Qs too... :D .. my bad, i guess

@Sneha - no dear.. nothing drastic is going to happen to him. as i said, it has heavy dose of fiction, but not THAT heavy. the essense is very real. I did live this day. it did change my life. :)

Anonymous,  June 23, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........was it necessary to add the word fiction.... i was reading like a real one...hahahhaha..... you nicely set a good platform for the story let it come..waiting for more.......... ...other seems struggling with the heat only...hahahahahaha.......delhi is tooo hot these days....

Chhaya June 23, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

@guru... its not exactly a story, thats why i have kept it under "Random Musings"..

it till be finished in one more post, maximum two

Maya June 24, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

arre chhaya, dont finish it soon. This one is a better one than the last.. continue this story

The other story i think wud go in a flash back.. this is a more interesting one..

i dont know why but the way you write has strong feeling of film script rather than a novel.. ur writing is very crispy.. i cud already sense voice over of a narator while the video plays..

Chhaya June 24, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

@Maya (uncommon sense).. whats with the new name haan! lol

abt the story, as i said, its not exactly a story. cant stretch it too far :) one or max two more instalments.. may even publish it tonight.

and thanx a ton for the praise.. i do try to keep it tight as its tough to hold the attention of a visitor..

if someone just reads the whole thing, its a big compliment.

abt the voice over.. not a bad idea... may be i will try to do something on that line.. provied so no gets scared listening to my voice :D

Tarun Goel June 24, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

Got you from "maya"
Maya and Chhaya, rhyming words... :P
BTW, nice story and a very fine writing style
Keep writing

Pete June 24, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Hi Chhaya

There is much I can identify with in this.

I prefer the Winter as the lesser of evils. In fact you have written your story in the Winter, my Winter, here in the Southern Hemisphere. I like the cold - one can dress up - wear sleeves - without sweating.

The story takes my back when I rode the bus to work - familiar anonymity. I didn't talk much either - perhaps capital cities, you in Delhi, I WAS in Canberra, are more uptight - government workers are less likely to open up and chat away.

About the stranger with the smile - possibilities could be mundane, mysterious or tragic.

Looking forward to your next part.

Regards

Pete

Zero June 25, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

Interesting chain of thoughts. Yes today it will rain. Best regards.

Whats In A Name June 26, 2009 at 2:18 AM  

So many questions and so little answers we have!!!!
Wonderful post. Can I dare say that this one is better than your poems!!
And yes the heat is killing this time!!! Grrr...

Chhaya June 26, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

@Pete -

August is very painful in India.. lol.. actually the heat is mixed with humidity and its unbearable..

this day i am talking about was really hot.. i was really wishing for rain... but this post have nothing to do with weather..

sometimes we tend to look at things just to keep our minds off other stuff :)

oops.. i said too much

Chhaya June 26, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

@Tarun..

lol.. he is not exactly "maya".. but that is what had attracted me to his blog .. its a nick (or whatever) that he used to sport those days.

Chhaya June 26, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

@Whats in name -
:) i did tell u that i was a storyteller much before i started writing poems.

will post the next part today :)

Chhaya June 26, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

@Zero -
its raining cats n dogs in mumbai

and i am lovvvving it

John June 27, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

What you wrote seems quite interesting. I felt like I was singing a song, an alternative song like an old Sheryl Crow song. I like that image of the lie woven in a fabric of trust. It is a fantastic line about idiosyncrasy.

IdleMind June 28, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

Nice to get the latest abt sissy ... wish her my very best ... let's wait for one more year and let her be a great engineer!

Its my life June 29, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

Perfect start and I am also of same views of that of idlemind.. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP